Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bullets in Photoshop



So, I'm doing comps for an eblast template and, of course, I'm mocking it up in Photoshop. I never thought of how to make a bullet list in photoshop so I would just use tabs. This is tedious. Google to the rescue. I found this great blog post. However, the tutorial stops short of something important. If you have a text box with normal paragraphs and a bullet list, you actually need to do one more step.

After you do the first line indent with a negative value, select the bulleted text and indent the whole text the same value or greater than the negative value. For instance, if you use -15pt for the first line, indent the whole paragraph 15pt or greater if you want the bullet list to be indented more than the paragraph.

I've attached 2 photos (one of the palette and one of the text itself). Hopefully this helps someone.

No comments: